Wednesday, August 01, 2007

More Photos of the NIght

Sorry about the delay in posting some pictures. My computer is 94% back to normal operating conditions. Just this afternoon I had my first opportunity to look at some pictures on my computer (since I don't know how to speak macbook).

The three of us, Grant, Jane, and I went to Sunday night's destination of Jack London Square in Oakland, CA. (click on the links for more pictures of our adventures)



This is a part of the city, about 8 blocks total, located on the Oakland waterfront next to the Oakland port. It is across the estuary from Alameda Island. On clear nights you can see the Bay Bridge and the lights from SF. You can see the ships coming into port and the cranes lifting off the cargo. This is also the location for the Golden Gate Ferry across the bay and the Amtrak station.

We went around 8pm to try to catch some sunset light, but we were impaired again by the Giant Mass of Fog which swept in to cover the water and sun.

We were also disappointed by the lights around the square. Jack London Square must be the safest place in Oakland. It is so light we thought it was still daytime. We still had a good time together.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I really like your photos, Robin!