Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring Break 2010

Friday: Crashed after the longest 4 day week I've ever had. Holy Holy Week Batman!
Saturday: Brunch with Stephanie, Josh, and Paul, friends of Grant's from high school. A rare experience of high school memories. A brief walk through the farmer's market. We now have friends to visit in Santa Barbara - a perfect starting point for an excursion to the Channel Islands. (S&J are you ready for us in June?) Then I worked on the perfect jewelry supplies order - every thing left that I need to start soldering. However, the most important part, the solder, is backordered. Last, I made a to-do list.
Sunday: Jesus Rose from the Dead. This seems to be an annual occurrence on my Spring Break. Secular school district still follows the Christian calendar. Much celebration at FCCO, followed by a lovely dinner at Sarah Eve and Jordan's home, and then a movie with Ryan and Molly at SaltHouse.
Monday: Started with an acupuncture appointment. We're about done with my ankle, now working more intensely on sleep issues. Figured out how to back-up my phone on my computer and download podcasts to the phone. These are trivial things to most folks, but I've only recently had a reason to do this - more bus riding and opportunity to listen to podcasts! Yoga. Dinner. House meeting.
Tuesday: Cleaned the bedroom! Farmer's market and ate pie at Crixa. Then a book discussion group with Seminary of the Street on The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Clairborne.
Wednesday: Lunch with Marisa, pie at Crixa (again!), shopping for backpacking trip, yoga, dinner, dancing with Emily!
Thursday: House breakfast, acupuncture, lunch with Molly as I was cooking Dinner (early cooking because of leaving for Point Reyes backpacking Trip!)
Friday: Stroll along the beach. Sleeping in the warm afternoon sun. Reading about a revolution and contemplating my "in."
Saturday: Woke to threatening clouds and quick winds. so we packed up and headed to Bovine Bakery, then slowly made our way home to where I am currently blogging from. Tonight - Beer Revolution.
Sunday: School Work - so sad. But I feel great that I got to do so much during my break. Now, 10 more weeks of school. The count down in on.

No comments: